07 February 2015

Living on Wheels


I haven't been prompted to put a post on here for a while.  I have been making more use of Facebook and not giving much attention to my personal Blog.  There haven't been many changes in my life since I last wrote.  It is now February and I'm getting back in to the swing of things after the Christmas break.  Today, I've learned a new skill - wheel stand.  My instructor, George Kambouris, Living on Wheels, makes it look very easy as this is a skill he has been practising since he was a child.  We met at a park in Chermside this morning and I watched with envy when he demonstrated how "easy" it was to do a wheelstand.  Of course, we both know it is not really that easy but as with any skill worth having, it takes lots of practice.  George inspires confidence and is very encouraging.  He showed that once this skill is mastered, it will make it easier to negotiate a number of surfaces that are not flat, such as grass.  I need to relax while I'm doing the wheel stand and eventually I will be able to travel over uneven surfaces.  George's training is one of the courses supported by the Brisbane City Council who are to be commended for making this instruction available. 

No comments: