16 June 2014

Weekend at Mon Komo

View from my room
I enjoyed a weekend by myself at Mon Komo Hotel in Redcliffe.  I had lovely sea views and was lucky to have only one day when it was overcast.  The room was well set up for me as a wheelie, just needed some of the furniture to be moved so I could get through.  I read, used the internet, had a nap.  I ate at the hotel's restaurant downstairs on Friday night.  Saturday night had a salad that Mum got for me at Woolies.  The hotel is around the corner from Mum's place so she popped in to say hello on Saturday and helped me when checking out on Sunday.  We then went for a walk along the esplanade which was crowded with people. 







Mon Komo
Redcliffe Markets






The street is closed off for the markets.  It was a beautiful sunny day so the place was jam packed.  We walked out on the Redcliffe Jetty.  It's old wooden boards have been replaced with a concrete walkway and it was very pleasant to be out there looking back at Redcliffe.  Mon Komo is very prominent seen from the jetty.  We had lunch at a cafe opposite the jetty.  We then walked to Mum's place.  Along the way she told me about some of the houses and who lived in them when she lived here during World War II.  We saw the house Mum lived in at that time.  I was picked up later and then went home. (For more on the disabled aspects of the room see my Disabled Toilets blog.)






No comments: