21 March 2011

Walk On Program


I've been on the waiting list for the Walk On Program for about six months and this month I've started the program. My initial assessment which was videoed, established a base line and will be done again in three months to see if there is an improvement. It is a new way of exercising where my trainers try to activate nerves that have been "asleep" for two years. Many exercises are very repetitive so that helps these inactive nerves to find new pathways. I am pleasantly surprised at how well I can do some exercises, but of course there is a lot of hard work ahead to reach my first goal - to lift my knees. I am enjoying the program and feel very positive about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excellent news! Jordan said he thinks you are getting better! Great to hear, take care, Mel.