06 March 2011

Mount Maunganui

Monday 7 February 2011







Arrived early at Tauranga Harbour. It's the "gateway" to Rotorua, which we'd seen before. Mid-morning we walked around the beach and township of Mount Maunganui which was very pleasant. The weather was overcast and warm. The footpaths were quite good. We had lunch at a cafe in town then walked back to the ship. Later in the afternoon we went up to deck 14 to see more of the harbour and Tauranga which was quite extensive. We had a drink in the Dome. The ship started leaving about 6.30 pm and we went down to dinner. We shared a table with eight widows from Warwick aged in their 70s and 80s. The theme tonight was “island”. I wore a lae as a concession to this, but these ladies went the whole hog and they looked great and you could see they were having a wonderful time and would be partying on. Kicking myself I didn’t have my camera with me.

No comments: