24 February 2008

Camera Club Honours

Last year I joined a camera club, Queensland Camera Group, to meet like-minded people and learn to improve my photos. The club is full of enthusiastic friendly people inspired by a love for photography. There are monthly club competitions and seminars by guest speakers teaching us about different aspects of photography. I have entered some of my photos over the last few months achieving an "Acceptance" and receiving some helpful tips from judges on improvement. This month, I am very excited to have achieved two "Honours" from judge Anne Russell. In January I did a weekend course on Digital Photography at the Queensland College of Art, at Southbank which I very much enjoyed and learned a great deal. I took several photos during that weekend and two of them were the ones which got "Honours" at this month's competition - "Yeller Propeller" and "Fountain or Ashtray?" So now I am "honoured" to be part of the group to have won "Merits" or "Honours" and therefore featured in "Club Competitions" gallery. There you will find my photos among a number of outstanding photographs by other club members. I am very proud to be among them and am sure you will enjoy them all too.

No comments: